Saturday, February 28, 2015

An Outing for Silver Skin

It seemed like such a good idea at the time - bring the proof copy of Silver Skin to the National Museum of Scotland and take some amazing photographs of it with the carved stones from Skara Brae.  I imagined something with reflections in the glass and a ghostly image of me in there somewhere looking, well, ghostly.  Turns out neither the lighting nor my camera were up to the job.  The gallery that has the Skara Brae stones is beautiful, wonderful, atmospheric - and dark.  Maybe with a tripod and a shedload more know-how than I have, something could have been achieved, but as it was ... not so much.  

So I had a bash at balancing the book on the Paolozzi exhibition cases in the outer area, and there, as you can see, it was too bright!  (That's my excuse ...)   




Never mind - for a first book-and-camera outing it was at least fun. And that's a bracelet from Skara Brae, anyway! 

Now where should I try next ...? 

5 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger Mavis said...

Better go to Skarabrae and photograph it there.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Top of the list!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger madwippitt said...

Love the idea of taking your book for an outing :-)

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Susan Price said...

Yes, it's never occurred to me to take my books for a day out. Now, where would the Sterkarms like to go?
Joan, there are those rechargeable LED lights, some small enough to fit in a pocket. You could take one of those with you, and whip it out in the Skara Brae gallery. Might need someone with you to help juggle book, camera, light...
Great cover...

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Cunning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home