Saturday, June 21, 2014

"You're just a butterfly." *

Whenever they try and find me
They find me where I am not -
I'm hither and yon
I'm there and gone
I'm Johnny not on the spot - **

Bit of a busy time.  If my mother were here, she would tell me it's too busy, but she was an outrageously busy person - I figure I learned from the best.

Back to Blairgowrie High School for a delightfully warm welcome from students and a really exciting meeting with the Art Department, then on to 1-to-1 writing clinics, then up to Inverness for a writing workshop at the fabulous Eden Court - today, off to Kirkmichael for a BOOKMARK Meet the Authors event - then, heading out on Monday for a photo shoot over Dumfries and Galloway way, for Wigtown Book Festival's next authors-as-characters calendar with that amazing photographer Kim Ayres.  Thanks to a kind loan from the Blairgowrie Players, I have nearly finished assembling my Old Sophie *** costume.  My fellow model of gorgeousness will be Renita Boyle, as Turnip Head ***.  (I will tell more about this adventure later, though for the final image, you'll have to wait till the calendar's unveiling later in the year.)  And in between, from car and train, great swathes of iconic Scottish summer landscape to look at.

As well as actual places, I can be found in several virtual places as well -

A Friday Spark
An Awfully Big Blog Adventure
Girls Heart Books

Which is why I chose for this blog's title those immortal words from Bringing up Baby -

"You're just a butterfly." *

If you haven't watched/re-watched any of these movies lately, do yourself a favour!


*


**



***


3 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Hither and yon indeed! And shades of that busy mother, definitely.

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger madwippitt said...

Zoooooom ... a wonder you have time to blog! But we are of course, glad that you do! And thanks for the film recommendations - I remember being in love with Danny Kaye when I was 6 years old. The Court Jester was a favourite - still makes me giggle when I think of the 'pellet with the poison is in the vessel with the pestle' bit ... I shall have to go watch it again, methinks!


The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Sue Purkiss said...

Such interesting business!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home